Friday, January 23, 2009

Internet Memes and Chicago Bungalows

Remember those old chain letters you got when you were a kid where you sent out five letters, added your name to the top of the list and removed a name from the bottom? Supposedly about a million postcards would shortly arrive in your mailbox as if by magic. Of course, your mailbox was never flooded.

Blogger memes are a lot like those letters, but also like a trivia game. The concept is that someone "tags" you and you have to answer the questions posed. Of course, once you've been tagged you have to be a sport and respond. That is trouble because if you fail to do so you could lose the friendship of the person who tagged you, but if you tag half-a-dozen people you could lose every blogger friend who you might have. Sometimes blogging is a delicate balancing act.

As you could imagine, I've been tagged, and this hyperlink is the required link to the person who tagged me. That would be the Chicago Bungalow blog. Do you seriously want to know six quirky things about me in an age where the watchword is "it's all about you?" Hey, I'm so mainstream it took me nearly an hour to think of anything quirky at all. The next requirement is to post the rules on my blog. Like the lawyers say, "they are herein incorporated by reference thereto," the reference being the hyperlink earlier in the paragraph. The six unimportant things about me are on the Chicago Bungalow's comments as well as the details about who I've tagged.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Funny, funny stuff! Thanks for going along, Publia! Oh, and by the way, I'm not claiming a tag! ;-)

Jan 23, 2009, 7:08:00 PM  
Blogger Publia said...

Well the fish is swimming around a little bit but he still looks pretty bad. Meanwhile, I am patiently waiting for some people to step up to the plate; you've already done your part,

Jan 23, 2009, 9:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch